Dear Prayer Partners and Co-Laborers in Christ,
PRAISING & PREACHING:
- In HBBC, we started a young people’s church orchestra. It’s still small but growing. Praise the Lord. Thankful that they are willing to use their talent for God. We are praying for a piano.
- DVBS – we had 80+ children in attendance and 26 professions of Salvation. Praise the Lord.
Some of the children are attending church and we are currently discipling them and continue to follow-up.
- We celebrated HBBC’s church plant in Bicol and JB preached at their 6th anniversary. Praise God for the continued church growth with active and faithful young people.
- Celebrated Marie’s Mama’s Birthday “Yolly”. Thankful for Marie’s parents giving us a temporary place to stay. And use of their truck occasionally for ministry needs, etc.
PRAYING & PLANNING:
- June 13-15 Youth Camp at another church plant of HBBC in Samal, Bataan.
- We plan to take up to 20-30 young people/youth workers! (Please pray for a ministry van.)
- June 29 – JB will preach during a Youth Conference at Scripture Bible Baptist Church in Dinalupihan, Bataan.
- June 27-July 1 Marie will attend School/Teacher Training (ACE/SOT) along with other 5 teachers of United Baptist Academy, a church ministry of HBBC, where JB is pastoring. We are praying for around 30 students this semester. Through this ministry, Mission Philippines can help sponsor orphaned children for their school provision and daily needs. The curriculum focuses on character training & Bible knowledge to equip students for living for the Lord.
Legacy Bible Camp Update:
- JB & several men will be drawing up plans, getting materials & do the labor for the installation of direct water lines to two dorms and for the expansion of the related septic system. PRAYER REQUEST: material for camp improvements; water supply lines & tanks for two existing dorms (another under construction). Also, for permitting expenses, etc.
- Improvements needed in June as Legacy Bible Camp is preparing for Youth Camp of 375 young people
week of July 4th! Please pray for souls to be saved, lives changed and camp to continue to grow all for God’s glory!
BBS (Seminary) Update:
- JB, as president of the Bible Baptist Seminary conducted a planning meeting for the school year 2022-2023 with the vice president, board member, teachers and staff to train the future pastors, church planters, leaders & teachers.
- Seminary will start on July 11, 2022. Pray for more enrollees and surrendered hearts and lives for the Lord’s work. Praying for future pastors and missionaries trained to be sent out and start churches.
Church Ministry Update:
- Church String Orchestra growing (praying for a piano). We are seeing spiritual growth through our Discipleship Ministry.
- Outreach Basketball League: HBBC team unity and joyful spirit was evident during play and we give honor and glory to God. Also, one of our new youth members won a ‘Most Points’ scored award. Thank you, Mission Philippines, for donating Jersey T-Shirts and paying the entry fee so the team could play in their first ever official game. (Basketball is the number one sport in the Philippines and can be used in future ministry events for evangelism and character development for young people.) We are thankful to LBC, a supporting church, for sending us basketballs – making it possible to practice and play and many other items through the Balikbayan Box Program. God bless you.
- DVBS: 80 plus children attended with 26 children making professions of faith! Mission Philippines donated candies. JB preached the gospel to the children and visiting parents and also, did some tricks for them.
- Preparing for ACE School to start on August 16 – thankful to those supporting churches who donated ACE school materials ~ It’s a truly wonderful blessing & a big help to students, who otherwise, cannot afford their Paces. We’re still praying Jhoana will be in ACE school in 2022.
Your Missionaries to the Philippines,
J.B. & Marie Tarwater
A great thanks to those who gave, we only need $15,400.